London Korean Festival 2015: performances & themes zones unveiled
The KCCUK/KOCCA/KTO have unveiled the full programme of this year’s London Korean Festival.
Here is an overview:
On stage, there will be music and dance performances, blending modern and traditional styles.
K-pop and rock music:
- Kpop: f(x);
- Rock: gukkasten.
B-boy dance: Jinjo crew vs. UK’s Soul Mavericks
Traditional music and dance performances:
- 4innori: ajaeng, daegeum, haegeum & geomungo;
- Yeon Hee Company (U-Hee): janggu;
- Pan: drums;
- Yun Myung Hwa dance company.
Visitors will also be able to walk along a diversity of zones covering all aspects of Korean culture:
Cultural Tourism Experience Zone
- Hanbok photoshoots;
- Korean folk games: Tuho & Jegi-chagi;
- Demonstrations of Korean calligraphy;
- Free hands-on traditional music instruments workshop: Gayageum & Janggu.
- Animation movies on TV (e.g. The Nut Job);
- Webtoons & K-characters merchandise;
- Online games, esp. e-sports.
- Cooking demonstrations by chefs Judy Joo (Jinjuu) and Joo Won (Galvin at Windows).
- Music CDs, posters, merchandise & listening booths;
- Fashion showcase from Korean designers of the 2016 S/S London Fashion Week, hanboks and pop ups.
K-Brand Zone: new products, innovations and offers from
- Hyundai Motors
- LG Electronics
Please note that Korean dramas have not been chosen to be promoted yet at that event. We understand that is due to the fact they already benefit from a large visibility, and because animation is the audiovisual product that has been elected by KOCCA for further promotion.
However, the week before, there will also be a themed bus inviting people to join a giant Gangnam Style flashmob on the day.
Thanks to the Korea Tourism Organization, you also have the opportunity to maybe win a trip for two to Korea by answering a few questions and submitting your voucher on Trafalgar Square.